5 Trends Influencing Testing
Bangalore: Software testing aims at detecting and fixing the issues that occur during software deployment. This is a major pillar of the software development process. Rex Black Consulting Services charted the five chief trends that are heavily affecting testing.
1. Globalization: Hardware outsourcing became big in the early 90s, about 10 years before software outsourcing. Now as companies gain practice with outsourcing and the costs for communication fall, every organization will seek to pursue low-cost labour which is the reason why testing opportunities are increasing in India.
2. Test automation: Due to the availability of many automated testing tools, automation has grown beyond regression testing at the Graphical User Interface to API and CLI which are the interfaces in which automation is currently the trend.
3. Commoditization: Testing is increasingly being seen as a commodity, as the common view is that the testing services lack qualitative differentiation and the smart choice would be to pick the cheapest testing option. Testers need to understand this trend. Testing is not a commodity. Testing Services can expect an increased emphasis on quality and interoperability.
4. Compliance, Regulation and Tort Law: Every company must always have a clear stand on Industry standards, legal regulations and changing liability standards. Risks associated with non-compliance and regulatory violations are growing. You need to make sure that your company isn’t sued or barred from the market. Testing is obviously a risk mitigating strategy but security ought to be on the agenda as well.
5. Education and Certification: Any company will pick a skilled tester who has higher qualifications than his counterparts. Education options in testing domain are varied. A tester needs to stay competitive. Since certification is sweeping the software and systems engineering field, it wouldn’t hurt to get certified. Certification programs establish the essentials of the topic that all competent practitioners must know.
Post your Comment
All form fields are required.